At Université Sainte-Anne, we encourage students to adopt a healthy lifestyle by incorporating sports and recreational activities into their daily routine. With this in mind, we offer teams and clubs in numerous disciplines.
Our teams, the Dragons, compete in the following sports:
- Women's and men's volleyball
- Cross-country running
- Weight training room
- Skating rink
- Softball field
- Tennis court
- Basketball courts
- Beach volleyball court
Pool Admission Policy New!
The Pool Admission Policy is applicable to all recreational swims and pool rentals. To ensure swimmers have a pleasant and safe experience, the Centre Sportif de l'Université Sainte-Anne now has in place the following policy:
- Children under 54" (137 cm) must be accompanied in the water by a responsible adult.
- A responsible adult is defined as a person of at least 15 years of age that stays within arm's reach of the child of which they assume responsibility.
- An adult may assume responsibility of a maximum of 5 children.
- Swimmers shorter than 54" (137 cm), but are at least 8 years old may be designated special swimmers by passing a swim test. This designation allows them to swim unaccompanied by an adult.
To be designated as a special swimmer, the child must show:
- The ability to swim 50m meters continuously (2 lengths of this pool);
- The ability to tread water, keeping airway above water, for 1 minute;
- Knowledge of and ability to apply the pool rules.
The special swimmer swim test may only be administered by staff of the Piscine de l’Université Sainte-Anne. Other swim tests completed in other circumstances do not guarantee the status of special swimmer.
Although we allow special swimmers to swim unaccompanied, the staff and institution would like to stress that it is always advised to swim with a buddy.
We appreciate your collaboration in this matter and wish you a good swim!
September 2016 to June 2017
Swimmers can come have fun at the pool. Certain equipment (balls, pool noodles, etc.) will be available. A rope is placed to divide shallow and deep waters.
Parents and Tots
A recreational swim in the shallowest section of the pool for preschool children ages 6 years and under, accompanied by an adult.