The LISI is a non-profit laboratory dedicated to research, development, and innovation (RD&I). We are equipped with research facilities in biology as well as a greenhouse complex. LISI is the only RD&I laboratory of its kind in Southwest Nova Scotia.
By offering a scientific and technological innovation infrastructure, the LISI supports collaborative work and partnerships between industry and Université Sainte-Anne students, researchers, and staff.
Our main objectives are:
- Helping local companies improve their innovative capability
- Offer research space and state-of-the art equipment for Université Sainte-Anne professors/researchers
- Connecting Université Sainte-Anne researchers with industry
- Offering students a hands-on learning experience in applied research
- Developing RD∓I collaborations with companies locally and throughout the province
- Promoting sustainable rural economic development through knowledge transfer